The project includes outreach actions destined to promote its results and applications and to disseminate them to the public at large:
- Interview to Joana Areias-Guerreiro on national radio channel Antena 1 program “90 Segundos de Ciência” about the theme of her MSc thesis, which was supervised by the PI in the framework of this project. You can find a link to the radio podcast here
- News piece at the University of Málaga (Spain) newsroom, about the article published in Systematic Biology: Física cuántica para predecir la distribución geográfica de las especies
- Webpage and Facebook page of the Atlas of Mammals in Portugal produced within this project (in Portuguese), including a free PDF edition of the atlas, interactive maps, and calls for contributions to the project
- Two articles in the online magazine Wilder (in Portuguese), one about the Atlas of Mammals in Portugal and another about how citizens can contribute to it
- April 2018 session of Serralves Foundation‘s monthly event “Café com Ciência” (coffee with science), presenting and discussing the Atlas of Mammals in Portugal with the general public, with a great turnout and interesting discussion.
- Co-organization (on behalf of the Atlas of Mammals in Portugal) of BioBlitz Évora 2018, where we inventoried and showed the biodiversity of Horta da Nora (Malagueira) to school students, staff, and the general public.
- Several articles in the Spanish press on our paper on integrative phylogeography and modelling of tree frog, e.g. in La Vanguardia, EuropaPress, Diario Vasco, La Sexta, El Confidencial, El Diario or 20 minutos.